Bearing Buddy Trailer Bearings Races Seals Caps - BB1968SS
Great for marine applications; the stainless steel construction provides the best in corrosion resistance. The design makes Bearing Buddy an easy way to protect your bearings by keeping water out and ensuring enough grease is in the hub.
Bearing Buddy Bearing Protectors
- Replaces the grease cap in the axle hub
- Prevents wheel-bearing failure
- Keeps water and dirt out of hubs and bearings
- Allows boat trailer wheels to be completely submerged
- Stops corrosion and pitting on bearings
- Provides easily accessible grease fitting
- Makes adding grease to the bearings quick and simple
- Maintains slight, controlled pressure (3 psi) with spring-loaded piston, preventing water from entering hub
- Prevents overfilling and rear seal damage with automatic pressure-relief feature
- Grease seeps around piston edges and into barrel when full
- Constructed of stainless steel
- Ensures longer-lasting fit than plastic or aluminum products
- Includes rubber covers
- Installs easily
- Made in the USA
- Fits 1.968" hub bore
- Works with outer bearing models M-12649 and 07100
- Works with outer bearing cup (race) models M-12610 and 07196
- Lifetime warranty
Bearing Buddy Operation
Replace your existing grease cap with a Bearing Buddy to ensure a safe, easy way to monitor and control the level of grease in your axle hub. To adjust the amount of grease in the hub, use a grease gun to add more through the appropriate fitting. Adding grease moves the Bearing Buddy spring-loaded piston outward 1/8".
The O-ring inside the barrel of the Bearing Buddy maintains a seal from the outside. The interior of the Bearing Buddy is pressurized, preventing water from entering the barrel and diluting the grease.
An automatic pressure-relief feature is built into the Bearing Buddy. When the device is full, grease will seep around the edges of the piston and into the barrel. This prevents overfilling that can damage the inner seal.
You can manually check the grease level in your Bearing Buddy by pressing on the edge of the piston. If you can rock or move the piston, the hub is properly filled.
42608 Bearing Buddy Model 1968SS - Stainless Steel (Pair)